Your Legal Nurse Consultant and Expert WitnessWe are a team of Registered Nurses with specialized training in litigation, providing expert medical support for attorneys and their legal teams. We follow a process of seeing cases to successful completion, helping you recover what your clients deserve.
Below are some highlights of what we do. Please see our “services” page for more detail. Thank you.
Services We Offer
- Review the medical file (read: “wade through mountains of paper and make sense out of it”)
- Develop the medical records and bills chronology
- Analyze the medical facts of the case for strengths and weaknesses
- Locate experts
- Attend CR 35, PIP, Independent, and Defense Medical Exams as an expert witness
Types of Cases We Work On
- Motor Vehicle Collision–Auto Accident
- Product Liability
- Traumatic Brain
- Spinal Cord
- Spinal Cord
- Wrongful death
- Longshore and Jones Act–Maritime
- Nursing Home
- Records Tampering
Case StudiesWe work with trial attorneys to fight for justice and their client's peace of mind. We work on all levels of cases with a special emphasis in catastrophic injury. Below are sample cases we have assisted with.
- Motor Vehicle Collision - Award at mediation, $2,500,000: This case involved a young couple that suffered catastrophic orthopedic injuries. One of the plaintiffs suffered a documented traumatic brain injury. Our nurses were able to illustrate the extent of the physical injuries before and after. Ms. Opson reviewed expert reports and assisted the legal team in illustrating the brain injury and the life-long care this client faces because of it.
- Slip and Fall - Settlement on the eve of trial, $450,000: This case involved a woman who slipped and fell on a premises. Prior to settlement conferences, we determined that a Life Care Plan would document the extensive and costly future medical needs of this client.
- Motor Vehicle Collision - Award $50,000 above opening offers: This front-end collision was initially rejected and referred to as a “MIST case” because the plaintiff vehicle sustained minimal damage and the damages appeared to be soft tissue only. However, the client did not seem to improve and radiology eventually documented spinal damage. The client then underwent injections. Through detailed review, analysis, and interviews with this client, our nurses detailed the suffering and pain this client went through.
- Traumatic Brain Injury related to MVC - Award at mediation, $1,000,000: Our detailed synthesis of this case supported the legal team to a successful settlement at mediation.
Please contact us today to start a conversation about how we can help you win your case.
Copyright © 2014 - 2015, Opson